Universal Research Institute of Astro & Occult Sciences, Hyd-20 (Regd.1986)
History of College :
During December 1991, Universal Research Institute of Astro and Occult Sciences headed by Guruji.Shri.P.V.K.Punneswara rao suggested to establish Universal college of Astrology and the Annual General Body has approved a resolution in its meeting held on 12th July 1992. The Trust was registered, accordingly, on 20th Aug, 1992.
College Trust Members :
The Trust was constituted with Guruji Sri P.V.K.Punneswara rao, as Chairman and Sri. Y.Madhava Rao, Sri. K.Babu Rao, Sri. V.S.Pracasa Rao, Sri. K.Venkatacharyulu, Sri. P.Ramachandra Rao and Sri. C.N.Prasada Rao as Members.
Present Trust Members :
1. Sri. P.D.R.Prasada Rao - Chairman
2. Sri. M.B.K.Sarma - Vice-Chairman
3. Sri. P.S.Chiranjeevi - Secretary
4. Sri. K.Nageswara Rao - Treasurer
5. Sri. A.Ravi kiran - Joint Secretary
6. Smt. P.Kusuma Sri - Member
7. Sri. C.Kameswara Prasad - Member
8. Sri. N.V.R.A.Raja - Member
9. Sri. D.L.N. Murthy - Member
College Management Committee was formed with K.Babu Rao, Convenor, K.Venkatacharyulu and P.Ramachandra Rao as Members to finalise emblem, common seal, to frame rules and regulations for college administration, syllabus, and to conduct examinations.
First Auditors : M/s Neeth & Co Chartered Accountants were appointed as Auditors in March 1993.
Present Auditors : M/s. Vemula Chandrasekhar & Co., Chartered Accountants, R.P.Road, Secunderabad.
Principal and Secretary: Sri. K.Babu Rao and Sri. P.Ramachgandra Rao were appointed as Principal and Secretary respectively.
Present Principal and Secretary : Sri. P.S.Chiranjeevi, the Secretary of the Trust is in charge of the College as the Principal.
Present Faculty at College :
1. Sri. K.Nageswara Rao
2. Sri. M.B.K.Sarma
3. Sri. P.S.Chiranjeevi
4. Smt. P.Kusuma Sri
5. Sri. A.Ravi kiran
6. Sri. S.Ganesh
Remuneration to Faculty : Initially, faculty members have conducted classes without any remuneration and conveyance charges. Trustee Members have decided in Aug, 1999 to pay honorarium and conveyance charges to Faculty members, depending on the availability of funds.
Courses and Certificates to Students : Trustees have also decided to conduct following courses and to issue Certificates to the successful students, in the Annual General Body meeting of the Institute every year in the following manner- after the scrutiny of the Committee.
1. Jyotishya Praveena - For successful students in the first year course.
2. Jyotishya Visarad - For successful students in the second year course.
3. Jyotishya Siromani - For successful students in the third year course.
4. A Special course titled “K.P.Siddhanta Siromani” was introduced for 3rd Year students.
Corpus Fund - Prizes to the Topers in Classes: Donations from the following persons received are being maintained as Corpus Fund. Every year interest received on Corpus fun from Banks is used to distribute prizes to the Toppers in every course.
1. Sri. D.L.N.Murthy, Jyotishya Vidya Bhaskara, a renowned Astrologer, Corporate Astrologer and a Vastu Consultant. - Rs.10,000 (2001) in memory of his Guruji Sri.Tenneti..Annavadhanulu.
2. Smt. P.Vijaya Reddy Rs.10,000 (2008) an ardent Student in the year 2006-07 Jyotishya Visarada batch.
3. Sri. M.Krishna Rao, Rs.30,000 (2008) in memory of his late daughter Smt. M.Sumabala. Both father and daughter were ardent students of our college.
4. Sri.K.Nageswar Rao, an ardent Student and now the Treasurer of the College Trust - Rs.10,000 (2011) in memory of his parents Sri. K.V.S.Rao and Smt.Nagaratnamma.
5. Sri. G.V.R.S. Prasad, Student of the College, Rs. 40,000 (2012) in the name of “K.P.Protsahika jnapika Award”.
Certificates to the First batch of Students were distributed on 17th June 1994 with the blessings of Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swami. Sri.D.Sripada Rao the then Honarable Speaker of A.P.Legislative Assembly was Chief Guest while a renowned Astrologer Shri.Bijumalla Suryanarayana Sarma presided over the meeting.
Study Material for College Students: A book by Guruji “Predictive Stellar Astrology” 3rd Edition and “Astrology Ready Reckoner” were released in March 1996 on the eve of the Institute’s Decennial celebrations along with Institute’s Souvenir.
College Library: College Trust has decided in Aug.1997 to maintain a Library for the benefit of students and Faculty. It was also decided to collect an amount of Rs.600/- as Deposit and Rs.300/- per annum for Membership per annum from the students who desire to use the library.
Classes at Overseas: Through Shri.P.B.Phaninder Chartered Accountant, one of our active members, in 1997, our Guruji was invited by ‘Malaysian Astrological Society’, Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia to conduct classes in K.P.System at Malaysia. Classes were conducted for 20 days from 7th July, 1997 to 26th July, 1997 and a batch of 33 students were awarded Jyotishya Visarada (KP) certificates accordingly.
Classes in K.P.System at Ahmedabad: At the Instance of Pandit S.R.Swamy, ‘Academy of Vedic Astrology’, Ahmedabad - a full time crash course was conducted on K.P.System for Astrolgers in Ahmedabad, Gujarat by Guruji Shri P.V.K.Punneswara Rao from 22-06-1999 to 25-06-1999.
Classes in K.P.System at Jaipur: At the Instance of ‘Global Research Institute of Astro-Occult Sciences, Jaipur, one week full time crash course was conducted on K.P.system for Astrologers in Jaipur, Rajasthan by Guruji Shri P.V.K.Punneswara Rao from 15th to 22nd September, 2002.
Classes in Election (Muhurtha) Astrology at Munugonda (E.G.Dist., A.P.): Classes on Election astrology (Muhurtha) were conducted by Guruji for practicing Purohits (Priests) at Mungonda E.G.dist (A.P) from 12th to 20th July 2006. Shri.K.Babu Rao, the then Principal of College and Shri S.Babu Rao, Faculty member also accompanied Guruji Shri.P.V.K.Punneswara Rao. Basics in Vedic Astrology and Principles for fixing Muhurtha for different purposes were dealt with in much details. In all, 18 students have undergone the Course for Election Astrology while One of them took a Special course in the basics of K.P.System.
College own Premises (Flat): Out of the building donations received by College over some years Guruji Shri.P.V.K.Punneswara Rao has acquired a Flat in Dilshuknagar, Hyderabad in the name of College in Feb.2006.
College PAN No. and Donations & I.T. exemptions U/s 80 (g): Income Tax Department allotted a PAN number [AAATU1051F] to the College. Income Tax Department has also granted Exemption U/s Sec.80(g) for donations made to College since October 1999. The same is being continued as of now also.